Followers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Some of todays mail and what I made tonight :)

I had a wonderful mail day today - I received this package from Janette via CrochetSwaps_R_Us for a wish. My wish was for worsted weight cotton - any amount - any colour :) Janette sent me 6 - count them 1,2,3,4,5,6 skeins of Lily Sugar 'n Cream.


I decided that I was going to put this package to good use and make myself some stuff for the kitchen. I nearly always give everything that I make away much to hubbys dismay - He loves everything I make so much and always wants to keep it.
I can see his point as when I look around our house - it should be filled with lots of crochet hand-made goodies... but sadly there is only a few things - The crochet blanket that I made for my beloved nana (R.I.P) and a rug that my nana started and I finished for Xanthe... I must take photos of these to show you - but not today - too many other things to share :) A dishcloth or 2 that I have received in exchanges, a doily I received in an exchange and some potholders once again that I received in an exchange.
So tonight - I sat down to make some stuff for us :)
I made this dishcloth whilst I was cooking dinner :)
After dinner I started making coasters - Here is hubby - Happy with the first coaster that I made as its residing under his beer can and co-incidently saving my Scottish grandfathers Antique wooden table!!

Soon - I had a coaster for my coffee cup...


and several more for when people come over :)




They are so pretty :)


Stay tuned - more kitchen and household lovelys to come :)
Thankyou Janette for my wish :)








4 comments:

Mainely4Knitting said...

What a nice box you received! I love that pattern for the coasters, lol ;-)

I can't wait to see what else you make with it! I really need to update my blog, Flickr and Ravelry pages with what I've been up to lately... I find it's hard to get back to doing that once I stop for a while.

Have a great day Char!

Marie

Liz said...

You've been busy again. I wish I had your energy :)

CindyMae said...

What wonderful and beautiful yarn you received! I love the dish cloth and coasters! You are so fast!!!

skippinginthemeadow said...

Beautiful wool
Your coasters are really pretty
x
Sumea