Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Andre's blankie - progress pic 1

For the past year ?? Andre has been nagging me to make him a crochet rug. I started collecting green and blue squares from swaps and wishes.... and about a week before he got sick (when our weather got cooler) I decided I would start to crochet what I had together to see how many squares I still needed...

This picture is of the blankie and my 3 men snuggling under it on the couch watching tele the week before hubby got sick... It still needs squares added to it - but for now its big enough to be a snuggle rug on the couch.


Andre took his blankie with him on his recent trip to hospital - It was a source of comfort for him to remind him of home and how much we love him.





3 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

I love it - I'm sure it'll be treasured!

Always smiling said...

Hi Chars,

Saw you popped long to my blog and wow you have 7 children and 2 step children.. omgosh where do you find time to crochet???

Its looks like a great snuggle rug already and I see yours love it! Hope your hubby is well on the way to recovery he looked proper poorly in his hospital bed, and poor you being so far away. We visited Australia last feb and march, along the East coast and up to Adelaide along the Great Ocean Rd, I met cousins I have never seen before it was an amazing trip.
Hope your back improves too and keep stitching and be happy!

Chris x

vanessa said...

Oh your blanket is fabulous! I love your take on the crochet blanket, it's very unusual, and works brilliantly!
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)