Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Back to feeling blue....

This time round I have a valid reason for feeling so down... sigh!

Life has has a habit of biting us in the butt :(

Every time we feel like we are getting ahead or that life will return to normal - something else happens and after a while its really hard to stay positive.

When hubby returned to work after being so sick - his boss took him to one side and told him that his job is under threat and that they would discuss it in depth in 2 weeks time (deadline for this meeting is this coming meeting at 2pm Australian Western Standard time) and the countdown clock in my brain is ticking... tick tock tick tock. Its been endless days of waiting already and Monday is going to be a really hard to deal with.

Hubby and I have gone through every possible outcome for this meeting... and we have our worst case scenarios all figured out inclusive of what we will do. The worst case scenario will be that we sell all of our worldly goods and possessions....and return to Victoria - landing first at his dad's place in Geelong and then starting a new life. Although I can deal with losing our stuff - its just possessions and nothing is irreplacable - and for some of our appliances - they will need to be replaced soon anyway so its no biggie... but its the thought of things like the kids losing all of their favourite toys, losing my *STASH*, losing some of the newer things that we have just bought... thats distressing to say the least.

Under any other circumstance I would have jumped at the chance to get out of this town and back to Victoria... or any of the Eastern States of Australia. To be closer to my friends and family... but not like this. So I just want to say - be careful what you wish for!!

Understandably I have not been able to concentrate on much craft wise... I have started a new knitted jumper for the littlest princess ( the last one I started is in a bag as a UFO as when I finished the back I discovered that my tension must have been off and its 4 sizes too big for her? A finish in the future I guess? or a bin job if worst case scenario happens) and my seaside treasures has had a few stitches added - I promise to update with some photos asap - my camera is still awol and hubbies has flat batteries (just put them on the charger) so on that note - take care and I will chat with you all asap. HUGs cause I need one :)

7 comments:

Bronny said...

Chin up. I know that sounds trite, but you seem to be facing adversity head on in any case. Online friends can be the best sounding board - and very supportive too!

I've got a fairaisle vest that's a UFO - I started it as a gift for my nephew when he was 2. All I have to do is knit the neckband and armbands. He's now 33 with 2 girls of his own....too big to fit into it too now!

Hugs

Lou's addictions said...

I really hope the worst case scenario isn't what happens and everything works out for the best for you and your family

Hugs xx

Liz said...

A HUGE HUG from me and mine to you and yours. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on Monday and hope that all goes well. You seem to be very organised and dare I say it calm about everything at the moment. Thinking of you x

Carolyn NC said...

Hope the meeting goes well and gives you good news. So sorry to hear of all the worry. I pray that it all works out for you all. Hugs.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I am thinking of you during this time. It is always hard when things like this happen, but they make us stronger in the long run. Hang in there ((((HUGS))))

Vicky said...

Chars, I am thinking of you during this hard time. You are a fighter and things will work out for the best. HUGS

Felicity said...

oh Chars, Im keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will work out ok, I wish there was something I could do to help, hopefully the worst wont happen, fliss xx