Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beginnings of my *LUCY@Attic24* inspired bag


I was tidying some stuff back into my craft cupboard the other night - the one where all of my stash is stashed... I noticed that I had a few postbag packages full of items I had purchased off ebay and from other sources and I figured that since I was tidying up I may as well unpack these and put them away properly. I discovered this cotton that I had purchased a few months back with the intention of making myself a LUCY inspired bag...and if you would like to make your very own Lucy inspired bag you can find her pattern here. I love the colours of this cotton - its worsted weight (sugar n cream) called Summer Splash. Here is a picture of my progress after a couple of hours crocheting whilst watching a movie with Hubby...

Finished picture coming soon - as this project is making my heart flutter with happiness and excitement... strange but true - something I really have not felt for a long time!!

7 comments:

Miss 376 said...

This looks great. I am just getting into crochet and this looks like something I can do

Aussie Stitcher said...

Your bag is looking great, so is the jumper. I hope that the next lot of news regarding your Dad is good news. Take care ((((HUGS))))

Felicity said...

your bag is looking good so far, its good news about your husbands job for now, it gives you a bit of extra time!! take care, fliss xx

CindyMae said...

Great start to a beautiful bag!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Glad this one is making you happy! Very pretty.

Vicky said...

Looking good Chars, and thanks another project to add to my list LOL

Tina ♥ said...

Love your bag-to-be! I just found your blog via attic 24.

Just wanted to send hugs across the ocean regarding your Dad. My Dad has recently been diagnosed with cancer too and is in the middle of chemo. My heart goes out to you all...one day at a time seems to be the only way to be at the moment.

Blogland is a great place, full of supportive and inspiring gals...keep on keepin' on Chars.

Take care,
love, Tina xx