Followers

Monday, August 10, 2009

relaxing afternoon of stitching....

Yesterday afternoon whilst the kids were playing quietly I had a relaxing afternoon stitching...

I managed to finally finish off the section I was working on and move to the next section - decided to move across to the water - it seemed like a natural progression....

Here is a close up of the detail of the houses / Lighthouse

The Cross stitch as a whole so far....

And some more progress inclusive of the water / sand.

I need another update :) As after taking this photo I have almost filled in all of the water... Guess I will have to snaffle hubbies camera again soon and share... or I will wait till I have this section is complete. Whatever happens first I guess?
I have really found my MOJO again for this piece... I admit it got lost for a few nights where I was really forcing myself to add a few stitches to that cliff-face...
This is the first time I have ever added the back-stitching as I progress and am liking the effort/effect - as it means when I finish stitching on a section - it is REALLY finished if you know what I mean??

9 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Lighthouse is looking great! - lovely stitching!

Liz said...

It's looking fabulous. My attempt at doing an inch a week failed miserably!! :)

Felicity said...

your stitching looks lovely, is it nearly finished, poor old joshy is still waiting for his andy pandy one!! hope your daughter had a lovely birthday yesterday, fliss xx

CindyMae said...

Lovely progress! You WIP is looking fabulous!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

It is coming along nicely, great progress. Xanthe is gorgeous, hope she had a wonderful birthday.

Carol said...

Lovely piece. Great idea to do the back stitching as you go along.

Yoyo said...

Wow this piece is really moving along quickly. Nice to have your mojo back, feels good to stitch when the mojo is moving. Keep up the good work and that Totally Useless Container will just grow and grow, LOL.

Felicity said...

The piece looks lovely.

Meari said...

That looks really good!