Followers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Finally some photos :)

Hi everyone... sorry that I have taken forever to get back to you with some photos. Its hard to believe that we have been living in Victoria a whole month!! During that time we have had our ups and downs. We are still settling into our new environment on so many levels and we have still to replace 90% of our possessions and rebuild our lives. I also admit there is still one set of RTA (ready to assemble) drawers to assemble.... after doing one set of these I just can't face them!! LOL Maybe they will still be sitting there when my dad visits in December (grin - love you daddy if you are reading this!) We also have some stuff on order that he will probably get the job of assembling too...?

BUT we are functioning on a day to day level and I guess thats what is most important. Although I am not promising - I am going to try to post a bit more often... dare I even say daily? We'll see how things pan out - like I said I am not promising :)

Anyway - here are some random photos of our house/yard/street and our time in Victoria so far... (I had to download them from my husbands facebook page so the quality is not that great sorry)


Here is a photo of us enroute to see my best friend Brooke in Ballarat. Some kind passerby offered to take the photo for us :) Left to right is Eamonn holding my hand and Andre.... Liam and Xanthe are in the pram. Photo is taken between Etihad Stadium and Southern Cross Station...

We caught the V-line train up... which travels at 160km per hour - not that you notice as its VERY smooth.

It was great to see Brooke and her family again... I have missed her so much and it was like we never left :) We had a brilliant time - rather too much to drink but hey :)


Here is a photo of me at Southern Cross Railway Station!

Here is a photo of our house :) We are living in a LEAFY suburb in Melbourne called Beaumaris. We are across the road from an oval that has cricket and footy played on it (we can sit on the porch and watch) and there is a playground over there that the kids have really been enjoying :) We are also 500M from the beach, 500m from 2 sets of shops and a bus route to Southland (shopping center previously mentioned!)



This is our street... well our house faces this street but our address is that of the side street that you can vaguely see (behind the tree)


This one is of the backyard standing at the garage looking towards the house. You can see some of our gardens... lots of plants, trees and flowers :)


This photo is taken from the back porch walking towards the shed and clothesline. I look out the kitchen and dining room windows on all this greenery! Andre took this photo one day it was raining - after living in Western Australia for so long seeing rain was a novelty - for the first day at least - haha! Then we started to remember how damp and cold it can be... esp when we were having overnight temperatures of 6c!
This week the weather is lovely... Topping 36 today :) Much more what we are used to!!
We've had a bit of a lighting issue in the house... all of the fixed lights in the living area are USELESS... BUT I think I have it sorted now so I hope to be back to doing crafts asap... I feel like I am going CRAZY!
Anyway - take care - I'm off to catch up on some blog reading and I will chat again soon! Hugs to all!! xx





4 comments:

Kelly said...

I have to be honest, I am so jealous, I think I may be turning green, I want to move back to Victoria so bad! Your house and backyard look beautiful! Hope you can get some crafting done soon..

Carolyn NC said...

It all looks lovely!

Liz said...

Your house looks great and the road looks so quiet. The kids will love being so close to a park and the beach. It will feel like you've been there forever in no time :)

CindyMae said...

What wonderful pics, it looks fantastic!!