Followers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Joys of children?

Well my friends - there will be no more progress photos on "friendship" by the sweetheart tree... well at least until I buy another kit...

My darling little children gave into temptation this morning and cut my pattern graph into a thousand teeny tiny pieces... sigh! I am just truely thankful that they did not cut either themselves or the fabric...

I had always planned to stitch this piece twice... but I wasn't planning on buying another kit... oh well - Liam, Eamonn and Xanthe had other plans...

So sometime down the track - When we are financially secure again I will be able to stich this again...

Kids eh?

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Why don't you contact Sweetheart Tree and see if they will gift you with a copy of the chart? Many designers are kind enough to understand.

Kids! *hugs*

Toria said...

That's really sad. One of my kidlets took the scissors to my fabric recently, but I think it is saveable.

Look on ebay to see if anyone is selling the pattern cheaply, after they finish their kit. Or, if you are a member of any of the online stitching forums, you could ask if anyone has finished the kit & could spare the pattern now. Or, as Daffycat suggests, contact the designer.

And my tip for the future - always work from a photocopy & keep the original stored away safely. I do this mainly because of the way patterns wear out at the fold & become hard to read.

stitchinfiend said...

Oh Chars what a shame but I would do as the other suggest and contact the designer. I too always work from a working sheet. My kids are all grown up so don't have to worry about them getting to my stitching.....LOL

Hugs

CindyMae said...

Kids will be kids!! So sorry that happened!

Aussie Stitcher said...

OH NO!!! I used to find large stitches in my fabric if Luke had gotten to my stitching but Joel and Caitlyn have never really shown interest in it, thank goodness.

Kelly said...

Oh No!! Kids and scissors always ends up in mischief! A timely reminder to make sure I put my scissors away properly!