Followers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Its Christmas Eve in Australia... its a lovely 31C day... not too humid and cooler than we have experienced over the past few days. I have a part of our Christmas lunch in the oven (roast Chicken) as we will be having cold Chicken, Ham and salads tomorrow. Much too hot in Australia for a hot lunch :) Tomorrow morning I will make potato and pasta salads... YUMMY :)

Our day will no doubt start early... with 3 toddlers in the house I am sure they will be up at dawn to see what Santa has brought... followed by the traditional opening of the wrapped gifts.

This year with everything we have been through and our relocation from Exmouth, Western Australia to Beaumaris (Melbourne) Victoria and finally here to Laidley, Queensland... I am surprised that we have managed to pull it all together! Amazingly we have.

This time last year we were under cyclone watch... and if we knew what we knew now was in store for us we probably would have been more grateful and appreciative of what we had...2009 will be forever etched as the year from hell... consistant health issues, the trauma of losing everything during our relocation to Beaumaris, the slow rebuilding that we are now experiencing... its going to take a LONG time to recover.

The toddlers never settled into Beaumaris for some reason? But thankfully they seem to be accepting of their new home here in Laidley... maybe the fact that Laidley is warm - could have helped with that transition?

Its time for us to settle and rebuild - so lets hope that 2010 is a year for healing and rebuilding?

To all of my wonderful friends in blogland - thankyou for your friendship, for your emails and comments. I wish you all a wonderful festive season... may you enjoy a special Christmas with all of your loved ones... and please have a safe and wonderful start to 2010.

Love and Hugs Chars x

11 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Hope that this next year is a good year for you. Merry Christmas!

stitchinfiend said...

Glad that the family seems to be settling in. Merry Christmas to you are your family and I hope 2010 hold better things for you.

Kerry said...

I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, joyous New Year!!! I love you!!!

Daffycat said...

Wishing you the merriest Christmas, Chars!

Chris said...

Hi Chars

Many many blessings for you and all your family for 2010 and pray this next year will be a good one.. 31C isn't quite what we have here in UK in fact it is -1 and frosty and we are cooking ready for tomorrow, but eating mince pies and chocs now!
Keep stitching
Love Chris x
www.alwayssmiling24.blogspot.com

Sandy In Montana said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Wish you all a much brighter 2010.
Take Care ... Sandy

Liz said...

I'm glad that things seem to be working out at last. I wish you and you family a very Merry Christmas and hope that 2010 is your year. Hugs to you all from us all in Fochabers, Scotland x

Felicity said...

hope you have a very merry christmas!
fliss xx

Kelly said...

I hope you had a wonderfully merry Christmas today, and that next year is a much better one for you and yours xx

Ticking stripes said...

Sincerely hope 2010 is a good year for you.

Mrs Twins said...

Chars
I'm sorry I haven't had much time to stop by. But today I have! I love your blog, and I hope you'll allow me to visit you again!
It's so cold in the UK, what I would give for a bit of sunshine!
Hugs and Love Suex
I do hope you have a happy New Year!