Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another Aurora Cabin update

I achieved lots on this piece last week thanks to stitching on it solidly uninterupted on Thursday afternoon.  I am really loving having the toddlers in childcare :)  Thursday I actually felt as if I unwound which is something that I have not done for a LONG time....  The toddlers are loving "SCHOOL" too so thats the important thing.





As I am stitching this piece the song "BLUE DAY" keeps running through my head - esp the line - "and I tell myself its just a blue day...."  I wonder why?  There is no escaping blue either as if you look at the picture as a whole - its at least 75% shades of blue???



You can see from the photo of the original kit EXACTLY what I am talking about :)  You can also see where I am at in the grand scheme of things....  one thing I notice by looking at their pic to mine is that their Aurora is a lot paler than mine is working out... guess thats floss variation at its best?

8 comments:

Toria said...

Probably more to do with the photo reproduction not being to good than variation in the floss dyelots. Pretty design.

I stitched Smokey Mountains Cats years ago, except for the eyes of the cats, it is entirely stitched in blue. I swore after finishing it that I would never stitch in blue again :-).

stitchinfiend said...

Your Aurora is coming along really nicely and I like the lovely green coming into the picture. Well done on your progress.

Vicki in CO said...

I've looked at this one several times. A friend of mine just retired and is planning a trip with her DH to see this wonderous sight for herself. You are doing a great job!

skippinginthemeadow said...

Wow..I didn't expect to see it come along this fast. Well done You! :o)

Meari said...

That is going to beautiful when finished. You've made good progress.

Shari said...

this is going to be a beautiful piece. When I saw the part you have stitched, I thought,hum....don't know, but seeing the whole picture! OH MY!!!!! I love it!

Clare said...

Thanks for popping by my blog!

Karan said...

I like how this is developing & it will look fabulous when completed. :0)