Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aurora Cabin update and bits...



I've had so much going on in my personal life that I have not really had a chance to make much progress on my Aurora cabin piece.  Last week I was sitting under the naughty chair in my 2010 SAL group because I had not stitched a single stitch in the week that had passed.

Last night I managed to sit for around 2 hours and added some more visible progress :) Thanks once again to half stitches and large areas of colour.  I was sick of stitching with just the Navy so started with a few threads of the deep dark purple...

My goal for next week - at least 1 strand stitched each night - I need to learn to unwind each night as I have been getting lots of migraines and I suspect lack of relaxation to be the key reason why...?

I'm finally living in a town that has second hand and charity stores :) So I have been popping in there to see what treasures I can find.  I purchased a lovely teacup and saucer - I will have to remember to take a photo and share.

I had to take miss 10 to the dentist in Rosewood on Friday - a 30 min bus ride (both ways) to be told that the crack that we thought was in her tooth was actually the baby tooth sitting on top of the adult tooth... and needs some help to get it loose and out of her mouth.  So she now has permission to sit and wiggle her teeth - gross :(

Whilst in Rosewood I purchased a couple of balls of crochet cotton - I have great plans to turn them into a centrepiece for our new dining room table - which is round and wooden.  I can't seem to find any suitable patterns that is to my taste or skill level so if anyone has any suggestions - feel free to leave me a message. 

Otherwise I think I could have just the pattern but it is still in the stuff I mailed to myself when I was leaving Exmouth which means its in Ballarat Victoria at my best friends house.  I am slowly going to have to get her to mail it to me :)  The problem with that is that I am unsure if I saved the book that had the pattern I had in mind?

Anyway - Last week I managed to secure childcare places for the 3 toddlers for Mondays and Thursdays.  I am looking forward to having some ME time... catching up on sleep is high on my list of priorities as is craft and the housework can wait :)


4 comments:

Terri said...

Looks great. That sure is a lot of blue lol

stitchinfiend said...

It is really coming together and a great idea to stitch a strand every night. It can get a bit boring stitching the same colour. Glad you are going to get some ME time.

Carolyn said...

You are doing a great job so far. I have a WIP that is similar with a color that goes on and on. I do the same thing find a color that is nearby to stitch on for awhile. Can't wait to see the next progress.

Carolyn NC said...

Looks like great progress to me!