Followers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Aussies - guess what??

Today I had to take my car back to the car yard we bought it from due to the ignition not working correctly - it was a case of hit or miss to get the car to start - not good.  So we set out for Brisbane at 10 this morning.  The car yard told us it would take AT LEAST 4 hours - so I said I was going to go find the real American yarns store.  For you Aussies that want to purchase the American Yarn here in Australia - This is the place for you.   You can find a link to the online store HERE!!!!  So Brisbanites - you can go visit the store in GROVELY - its easy to find just near the station.

Anyway - Here I am outside of the shop - looking like a drowned rat as we had just walked through the deluge of a thunderstorm from the station :)



Here I am with the lovely proprietor... Gabrielle :)



I walked away with some large skeins of Bernat cotton - which is actually sugar and cream cotton in a larger skein.  I'm so pleased now that I made the effort as Gabrielle is lovely and so is the shop - I could have spent LOTS of money there and will do in the future (as I have already done in the past via mail order!!)

A special thankyou to my wonderful husband whom tagged along for the ride and whom played photographer... and didn't blink an eyelid at how much I spent :)

If you have always longed to be able to purchase the correct yarn for your projects - be sure to check out the shop either in the flesh or online!!

Disclaimer : I am not responsible for any stash enhancing or credit card debts this post may incur! haha :)

7 comments:

stitchinfiend said...

What a fantastic shop to wander about it. Nothing like getting to fondle the real deal.

skippinginthemeadow said...

A Lovely post. Such a Beautiful photo of You and the Lovely wool lady, You are looking well...Glowing!
Can't wait to see Your wool :o)

Warmest weekend wishes xxx

Sumea

Maria said...

Oh I so love to see and touch the real things as colours change and I REALLY need to feel the softness of the yarn. Wish it was closer

Aussie Stitcher said...

I have just caught up with your blog and read about your move, I was looking forward to the possibility of meeting you one day ;(. OH well you never know, it may still happen one day. I hope that things continue to improve with you, Aurora Cottage is coming along nicely.

Felicity said...

oh chars lucky you, cant wait to see what you make! fliss xx

Karan said...

Nice to "meet" you. :0) I daren't go visit craft stores too often.... it gets far too expensive. LOL

Felicity said...

You must have driven past my house (just about) to get to Groverly. Next time, take me with you! LOL