Followers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009 and 2010 Goals

Wishing you all a safe new year 2010.

Goodbye 2009 - The year that was 2009 has to go down in history as the worst year of my life!!! I have shared with you snippets of that year but in reality its been a whole lot worse - I guess I have glammed it up a tad so that my blog wasn't all doom, gloom and misery!

BUT

I am not going to dwell on 2009 - I am going to take the positive step and move forward...embrace 2010 and do something that I normally don't do - Set myself some goals...

Firstly on a personal level...

  • Get my physical health under control. Inclusive to lose weight to take some of the pressure off my body...which at this stage is protesting loudly!!!
  • Be a better home-maker. Inclusive of housework, home decorating, mother etc
  • Do crafts everyday and not feel guilty about it.
  • Focus on the important things in my life and not dwell on the past, or what could have been?
  • Do some form of "mental stimulation" each day to keep my brain active. Even if this is something as simple as doing the puzzles in the weekly magazines THAT'S LIFE and TAKE 5 which have puzzles for prizes....
  • Do some soul searching and find the true person within? Look at my faults and weakness's and accept them.

On a Craft level

  • Start the "Aurora Cabin" cross-stitch kit that I received as a present from my family for mothers day 2009. I know that I will achieve this first goal as I have joined a weekly SAL here and Aurora Cabin is my nominated piece to stitch on each week. I hope to do at least 100 stitches on this each week... Last night after gridding I roughly calculated that there is over 46800 stitches in this piece. (this was calculated on the whole 10x10 squares in the piece but not counting the squares that had only a few stitches - does that make sense?)
  • Work on my other UFO's or WIP's not sure what to call them... Started I have "Friendship" , "Seaside Treasures", "Teddy Bear House Rules" and "House Mouse Sew busy"
  • Crochet some things for the house. Many years ago I was in conversation with a penpal whom I had never met and she made this comment " I can't wait to come visit you and see all the wonderful things that you have made" Sadly when I look around my house I see little evidence of my crochet. I have either always sold it or given it away. Right this second I can see a coaster... NO not a set - just one lonely coaster!! Sad :(

4 comments:

stitchinfiend said...

Great goals you have set. I know the feeling of 2009. I am also looking forward to 2010.

Looking forward to seeing your stitching.

Carolyn NC said...

Great goals - Happy New Year to you!

Serenata said...

May this year be so much happier and better for you and that you achieve your goals.

Don't forget to take time to smell the flowers!

Happy New Year!

Liz said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. Wishing you the very best in 2010 x
I'm looking forward to seeing all your craftiness this year.