Followers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

His and hers wash-cloths

                                   
This morning I woke up with the urge to knit - but it was rather hot today in Laidley so I decided to crochet a couple of dishcloths...so I done what all fellow crcoheters do when at a loss as to what to create - and found this pattern on the Lion Brand webpage. 

I used sugar and cream and was about half way through and Andre commented that it was way too pretty to use as a dishcloth... so I said OK I will make it for use in our bathroom...

                                   

So I finished mine and pulled out the skein of blue and made hubby one too...



So now our bathroom contains matching his and hers wash-cloths :) 




I'm now making a bright one for Missy 10 :)  I'm having fun and its rekindling my love for crochet :)

Now I have a question for you all....

Would you purchase a set like this??  I am considering selling them on etsy. What do you think?  and more importantly how much would you pay for a set?

Leave me a comment :) Please???

8 comments:

Mrs Twins said...

Hi Chars!
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I've just come back online Mr Twins has spent all afternoon getting me back on! horrible when we have problems.
Now these washcloths are simply the best! Pink too, match my basket! I thought! :) No seriously they are great. I think people would buy them in Etsy, but what you would charge? Well I think that is always a problem and I would love to know how this is worked out! I suppose the cost of the materials and how long you have taken to do them? I haven't a clue, but I suppose other readers would know. They are really cute! Well done. I'm pleased you liked the pink and white basket. I'm doing one for the Kitchen this evening. The last one of many. Did you see my Yarn Basket one? An old cookery basket makeover! See the link to my Flickr Photostream if you want to. I also made one for the bathroom to hold my towels, so useful. If you are anything like me. I tend to put things altogether to take upstairs or where-ever thought a basket in the Kitchen would be useful. If my Husband stood near I would even crochet him. Mom gave me a really lovely blue vase this afternoon, she said, 'Don't get giving it a cover now!' ha.ha. I love your work, wishing you all the best in Etsy.
Hugs and Love Suex

Mandy said...

Lovely cloths. I'm going to track down that pattern now.
Oh & pricewise to sell... I was thinking that people would probably pay a bit more than the cos of a regular cloth in the stores as it is handmade. Not much help really I know. but something else to think about in your price issues. (Pricing stuff sucks!)

Vicky said...

love the cloths Chars. Just a quick question, can you get that brand of wool here in Oz as I love it LOL

stitchinfiend said...

Love your dishcloths- and Andrea is right it is way too pretty to use as a dishcloth.

Maria said...

They are great. Same question as Vicky, is the wool available in Australia.
As to pricing just remember to factor in any fees involved in listing or selling items online. Some either triple or double the costs involved, you can never get a great value for your time

Chars said...

YES you can purchase the sugar and cream in Australia

You can find it here

http://americanyarns.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=48&Itemid=28&vmcchk=1&Itemid=28

Gabrielle the owner is really lovely too and will order stuff in for you if you see something overseas that she doesn't have.

skippinginthemeadow said...

Go for it!

Karan said...

Very pretty. :0) Sorry, don't have a clue about pricing.