Followers

Monday, January 18, 2010

New Stash - Pretty Teacup - Another afternoon of stitching...





Today the toddlers went off to child-care :) (YAY) and here are my 3 lil excited monsters all ready to head off to school...  Note we colour coded the twins to make life easier for their teacher today :)

After dropping them all off we headed to the bus stop and caught the Translink connecting bus from Laidley to Rosewood - and then the train to Ipswich.  Purpose of the day - Just to explore what shops and facilities were in our transport reach....

We discovered quite quickly that there are no shops in Ipswich central where the transit hub is but after a quick explore we discovered a pathway that led us across the river to a shopping centre called RiverLink.


 
The Brener river is a bit polluted and disgusting to look at... but the council and the shopping centre have tried to glam it up a bit....

Anyway - once inside the shopping centre we set about the lovely task of shopping :)

In KMART this yarn just jumped off the shelf and into my basket....




Its called Zoomy by Panda... and is a nylon and wool mix.  Its very soft and comes in 100g balls.  Best bit was the price tag - $1.50 a skein.  This is all that was left on the shelf... not sure what I am going to make with it (suggestions welcome) But hey at that price I could not leave it there.  The bottom 5 skeins are more a blue than the grey the picture is making them appear.

All in all we had a wonderful day and I can't wait to go have another look in a couple of weeks time :) 

As promised here is a shot of the very pretty tea cup that I purchased at the charity shop last week. 

                                   

I paid a whole 50 cents for it :) What a bargain!!!




It was made in Romania and has a mark on the bottom - Anyone know if this is something special??  (yes I have been watching antiques roadshow way too much!!!) here I am in the charity store turning every teacup upside down to see if it has any marks :) 

Lastly - Yesterday afternoon I just had one of those afternoons when I had the opportunity to sit and stitch.  The kids were all busy playing happily amoungst themselves so I figured why shouldn't I stitch!!  So without further ado here is the progress I made on Aurora Cabin.



Notice I just had to find another colour - LOL :)

13 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like a lovely day - great buys on your teacup and yarn! Nice progress on AC!

stitchinfiend said...

Your little guys are way too cute all dressed up. Nice wool and teacup. Yayy another colour besides blue.

skippinginthemeadow said...

Your three little ones look soooo Sweet :o) I have boy/girl twins so never had to worry about people not telling them apart.
Your yarn is Gorgeous! Love the colours and I like Your teacup too, I have a big thing love of china with flowers.
The stitching has come along so fast! Wow.

ThankYou so very much for Your Lovely kind and comforting words xx You have a Beautiful heart.
I am making a Big Wish that You and I have a fabulous 2010 xx

Sumea

Maria said...

I haven't cross-stitched in many years (actually have an unfinished one from oh say 20 years) but I do remember the boredom of one colour and usually that occurs just as I am almost finished with it.
Your toddlers look so cute and a day free is fun. I had 3 under 13 months and all girls

monique said...

They have KMart in Australia? I didn't realize that... pretty yarn colors!

Felicity said...

Hi Chars, thank you for your kind caring comments it was so lovely of you, i cried when you wrote 'my friend' its been really nice reading your blog and sending comments to each other! your twins look really sweet they all look like a little rainbow! are you all settled after your move now? fliss xx

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love it when yarn just jumps off the shelf and into my basket...and such a great price too! You're making great progress on your Aurora Cabin and I can't wait to see it blossom into a wonderful piece.

I found you from the Stitching Bloggers Yahoo Group that I recently joined. Nice to "meet" you. :)

Meari said...

That's a pretty teacup. Great deal on the yarn. Funny how those things jump right into the cart :)

Lisa said...

The kids look adorable and so happy playing outside. I always think it fun to meet bloggers from Australia as our seasons are opposit of yours. However in California we seem to be somewhat spoiled - some days in the "winter" it is comfortable enough to still wear shorts (except when we are having rain storms like we are right now). I love your cross stitch project you are working on...glad that you posted a "status photo" of it.
Love the yarn. I dabble in knitting too, but right now the only think that I create are scarfs so I wouldn't be too much help in the suggestions for a project.
Take care and I will visit again!

BTW...came over from the Stitching bloggers yahoo group.

Shelleen said...

Aurora's Cabin is looking great!

Liz said...

It sounds like you're all settling in OK and your X-stitch is really coming along well. Glad you had a good shopping trip.

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

Your X stitch is awesome!
Thanks for passing by our blog...lovely to meet a new creative face.
Char

Karan said...

Your children are real cuties. Nice yarn bargain. have you checked out the free patterns on Ravelry? Pretty china. Great progress on Aurora. :0)