Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Update on us...


Hello everyone...So sorry it has been such a long time since I said *HI* to you all...  but alas the above picture kinda reflects what has taken up such alot of my time in recent months...relocating and exploring our new surrounds.

In May Andre managed to secure work in Biloela Queensland.  Biloela is located approximately 6.5hours by car from where we were living in Laidley. 

We stayed in Laidley for a couple of weeks after Andre started working so that he could find us a house and I could pack up etc.  The kids did not take kindly to daddy being away and one of the twins literally howled the whole time... tough but necessary times.

At the end of May the kids and I made the drive up...  the littlest decided that she needed to get carsick for the first time ever so we had a very long trip :(

Our furniture arrived approximately a week after we did so we spent the first week camping out in the house.  Not fun esp when we had arranged with the removal company to deliver the day after we arrived.  I was so not impressed and I will never ever use that company again.
 
I guess you could say that we are finally unpacked and settling into our new home, town and lifestyle.

I have not been doing alot of crafts but hope to change that soon - just need to work out how to change the lighting issue of the lounge area??  My lamp that I bought ages ago is not stable thanks to the removal :(  I guess I will figure it out with time... I am missing my crafting!!

4 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Wow - sounds like you've been busy and roughing it, indeed! So glad to hear DH got this job, even though it hasn't been easy. Glad it's all settling down and hope you get back to your crafts soon!

Liz said...

You've certainly had your share of moving in the last year. I hope you're finally in the right place and can get settled back into normality (whatever that may be).
I'm pleased the hubby has managed to get a job and wish him good luck with it. Hopefully it won't be too long before you're back crafting.

Hugs from Scotland X

Karan said...

Hope you're all settling well into your new home & DH is enjoying his new job. :0)

Felicity said...

Are you liking Biloela? I hope all's going well and that you get to stay put for a while. Hugs