Followers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crochet Cloths for Donna

 My friend Donna ask me if I could crochet some dishcloths for her ... She picked the colours and I crocheted them mostly whilst I was blogsurfing :)  I have found that I can crochet at night-time easily enough and I don't actually have to see it :) So the lighting issues I have with cross stitching are not really an issue.

 We have a pretty purple varigated cloth...
 A funky orange cloth...
 A Fun colours of summer cloth...


A lovely white with green flec cloth...









  
 
All made using the Bark Sedge Stitch cloth that you can find on the Lion brand webpage HERE - I have to say that this pattern is fast becoming my favourite dishcloth pattern.  The cloths work out to be thick and spongy and apart from colour fading have withstood lots of abuse hardwork in my busy kitchen :)  I have even started using the older cloths for cleaning tasks like bathroom duty.


Last night I decided that I would also make Donna a set of coasters.
 I love crochet coasters - so handy - spill your drink - no problem just mop up the mess with the coaster and throw it in the wash :)

5 comments:

Bev said...

How clever are you!! i love them, i would definitely buy them if i saw them in a shop

Karan said...

Lovely cloths & coasters - great colours. :0)

Florrie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and following.
I love your blog, it has two of my most favourite things .........cross-stitch and crochet. I've become a follower, don't want to miss any of your brilliant posts.
florrie x

Anonymous said...

Crochet is one thing I haven't attempted yet, but this shows why I know it will be in my future! I'm hoping to get my needles going (knitting) once more in *November!* :) I feel a bit lost without watching the yarn weave itself into something unexpectedly joyful! :) I agree that the *colours* simply POP out and give you dimension to the projects!

Witch said...

These cloths & coasters are fantastic! I am sure your friend will LOVE them. :)