Followers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Sunday is always a lazy day in our house and we have started to get a bit of a routine happening which I have to say I am in love with...

DH loves to BBQ so on the weekends we let him do his thing... Sausages, onions and sweet potato chips.. and veal steaks which are not on the grill yet....



 It gets me out of cooking though I did make this yummy salald.  Low fat cheese, tomato, baby spinach leaves, snow pea sprouts, avocado, celery, mushrooms and onions... with balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. 

 This is a picture of my plate just prior to eating... 
 Anyone want to join us for lunch???

After lunch the dishes get cleared inside and we like to hang out as a family - enjoy the afternoon, the garden, each others company and do our own thing.  I decided to take my cross stitch outside and was quickly absorbed as this sneaky photo proves..

 *SPRUNG* I realised what DH was doing with the camera...

 Lastly a progress shot... a great afternoon's stitching and I was amazed at how much I achieved...

I certainly didn't want to pack up and go inside when the light started to fade and the Mosquitos decided to attack.

You can see the sparkles in the material in this photo :)

Tomorrow I will share some photos of the garden with you all....

6 comments:

Karan said...

That all looks very tasty. It's definitely not BBQ weather here in the UK any more. LOL Great start. :0)

Carolyn NC said...

Yummy - I'm ready to eat after seeing those pics! Lovely photo and very sweet of DH. Nice progress, too!

Bronny said...

Welcome back to blogland - nice to see you on 123 again too.
Hugs, and I hope that everything settles down for you again!
What a lovely gift for your stitching sister - looking forward to watching your progress.

Siobhan said...

Yummm! That BBQ looks SO nice. Especially the salad! ;) Nice progress on your stitching.

Meari said...

Oooh, the grilled food looks yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Your back! :) Brilliant! We actually did a bbq twist on tofu this past weekend! :) I made up a special bbq sauce, marinated the tofu, baked it in the oven for 30 mins, and using our new artisan cranberry & walnut bread from a wicked new small towne we're heading too each Sunday; we layered on the bbq tofu, saurkraut, & other fixings! Smashing success! :) No matter what your palatte loves, there IS always a bbq option! Your salad warmed my heart! :) Wish we could get the avaco's in season here! You'd think that wouldnt' be an issue! :O