Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A New Start

Hi everyone...

Once again is seems like forever since I have updated my blog - those 6 or so weeks have sped past in a big blur of everyday activity accompanied by illness...

So moving on as I am sure that you do not want me to report to you every illness etc that we have had to endure...

Ever since I first saw this issue of Cross stitcher I have been tossing with the idea of stitching the Geisha on the cover as a gift for my best friend... whether it be for Christmas, her Birthday or just because... 


My best friend is a wonderful lady whom I love with all my heart - she is throughtful and always puts others needs before her own...and she is ALWAYS there for me 24/7 despite anything that is going on in her personal life... so it would be wonderful if I could stitch her something special.  I know that she sometimes reads my blog - so Bwookie if you are reading this you know that I have started this for you... when I finish it will be the surprise :)  Knowing me as you do I am sure that you know not to hold your breath waiting :) 


 Isn't she just so pretty?  I have made a start... this is my first real attempt at stitching on evenweave and am finding it easier than I thought I would... I am now wondering why on earth I have been so scared to try before now?


Not entirely sure if you can see it or not but the material I have chosen is a cream with a sparkle through it - VERY PRETTY :)

I am hoping to get back to blogging again on a regular basis, sharing some snippets of daily life etc.  I now have access to a working camera (yay) the kids and I made sure we bought DH a good one for Fathers Day :)  So on that note I hope to chat to you again soon :)

7 comments:

Jenny's Craft Place said...

Hope you have fun with this....it looks a lovely pattern :) Happy crafting, Jenny

Karen said...

You did a great job for your first try on this fabric! I started and gave up several times before I got the hang of it! Nice blog!

Liz said...

She will be beautiful when she's finished. I've only used evenweave once, when I first started sttiching, and I miss read the instructions and ended up with not enough fabric!!! Lesson learned. Since then I use 14 count!!

Hope everything is well with you all. Take care x

Janaina said...

Oh... I see the sparklings on the fabric!=)It's a lovely project! Looking foreward to see more progresses.
Hugs!

Cathy said...

Good start. Keep posting pictures and we will cheer you on to a finish.

Karan said...

A very pretty design - am sure your friend will love it. Looking forward to seeing your WIP's. :0)

NessaKnits said...

How is the geisha going? She looks lovely!