Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Squares - Squares and more Squares


I belong to a yahoogroup called color me square and you can find it by clicking here

Each month we swap 6" (15cm) Granny Squares...and send 2 squares to everyone that signs up.  Each month we have a colour that we have to use, but the pattern can be any pattern of your choice - fancy or plain.  

October's colour  is YOUR CHOICE....So I made the following squares.  Using up some bits and pieces of yarn that I had laying around :)



 Other than myself all of the other participants are in the USA.  So if you are reading this and think that you would like to play with squares and make yourself an afghan from all over the world - click through the link and join :)

Unfortunately the postal service is not the best and it appears that they have lost all of my September squares.  I am hopeful that they will still show up but since I had my crochet hook out and I was in the "zone" I thought I would make the most of the postage on my October swap and resend squares for September.  September colours were "Fall" colours....

Originally I had made squares with red, yellow and orange... but as I had none of that yarn left I came up with the following combinations...  Hopefully these will be still considered "fall" type colours ?  The centre in this one is actually a warm beige-ish colour...




When I was making this particular square....  the pattern for which I made up as I went along I was thinking to myself hmmm this is really pretty and would make a lovely blanket for us...So as I have LOADS of this colour yarn (about 20 balls from memory) I have decided this will be one of my next projects...

This picture gives a quick indication of what it will look like - of course this is not my blanket - just quickly placed together squares for the photo.  I love it :) love love love it :) 

Unfortunately I am yet to start on our blankie - As all of these lovely squares will be heading out in the mail on Thursday to the USA :)

7 comments:

Florrie said...

Sounds like fun, if only I coulld squeeze a few more hours into the day........beautiful squares.
florrie x

Serenata said...

They look lovely. How annoying the Autumn squares going missing. Do you just send them to the same address each time?

a view from a brown dog said...

What a fun idea, it reminds me of a quilting group that does something similar. Sorry to hear about your lost mail hopefully it will show up soon.

Karan said...

Pretty colours & patterns. Hope the original packages turn up soon - it's soul destroying when that happens. Those will make a very pretty blanket. :0)

Carolyn NC said...

Very nice!

NessaKnits said...

I so love the pattern and the colours of your replacement falls squares. I hope they make it there this time!

Kate said...

How fun is that!
I just love the concept of collaborating with people all over the globe to make a rug. It must be hard to let all your gorgeous squares go though.