Followers

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Buttons anyone?

 Andre had an RDO on Friday so we went and explored the little op shop (Charity shop) that we discovered just the other day... its the only one in our little town...but it is not walking distance from our house, so I really have to rely on a time when Andre can take me.



I spied the jars of buttons on the shelf and ask how much they were... 20 cents was the reply... I then ask if she meant per jar or per button... per jar was the answer... and the little bags were 10c each.

So for a whole $2 -  I greedily bought the lot.....



Then we went and bought a container to tip them into ...

So we took photos as the layers of buttons were poured in...


Now I have buttons for every forseeable project for a LONG LONG time.  This makes me so happy and restores one tiny little thing that I sacrificed last October when we left Exmouth Western Australia.

Thankyou to my wonderful husband for enabling me to visit the op shop and for encouraging me to buy the lot!

Who knows what I will find the next time we explore?

10 comments:

Caroline said...

What a great find! What a joyful find.....I love buttons!

Florrie said...

It' a grey dismal dark day here today, but as soon as I saw all your lovely colourful buttons it brightened my day.

Fantastic find.
florrie x

Lonneke said...

Great! (Isn't this so much more fun then buying them brand new?!)

Felicity said...

i love buttons, i would have brought them all too! i fancy making some button heart decorations to hang around the house! fliss xxx

NessaKnits said...

I am feeling the button love! What a find!

Karan said...

Great find. I have great memories of sorting buttons from my Nana's buttonbox when I was small.... it would keep me occupied for hours. :0)

Prairie Rose said...

We always had a "Button Box" when I was young, and I could spend hours playing through the lovely colorful buttons!
What a fun find!

Witch said...

I love buttons & Op shopping! My mum & grandmother always had a collection of buttons as they used to save them off any clothing that went into the rag bag & I used to do the same. Our eldest daughter actually has a phobia about buttons & will not wear anything with a button on it. The closest she comes to one is the stud to do up her jeans.
Great score mate. :)

Felicity said...

You don't drive any more, Char? All's well I hope!

Florrie said...

Hi Chars, hope everything's well with you and your family. Best wishes for a happy peaceful Christmas.
florrie x