Followers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Christmas Craft Projects

Hi everyone...


Sorry I have not posted in over 2 weeks - wow I honestly don't know where that time has gone... in that time though I have done lots of crafting... most of it is Christmas orinintated - either for my gift box or just for us :)  I also knitted a birthday cloth for a very dear friend of mine whom I can't name because its still in the mail.  I never managed to get a photo of the completed cloth but I do have a snap of it at 80% complete so I will share that with you...

So without further ado - in the last 2 weeks I have created the following....

 A birthday "rose" for my friend for her birthday :)

 A "Christmas Tree" cloth for my gift box
 A "Christmas Tree" cloth for my gift box
 A set of 4 coasters for my gift box.....
 A set of 9 coasters for us for Christmas Dinner...
 This year we will have 8 here on Christmas day and I done an extra just in case one of my older children or an orphan from Andre's work join us for dinner...

 Don't they look pretty and festive :)  We will probably start using them from December 1st - when the Christmas tree and decorations go up.
 This is a shot of the pattern of a dishcloth I made for us to use Christmas day...
 I will put this on display for all of December...
 Another cloth in a different pattern that I made for us on Christmas Day...
 It too will be placed on display and kept pretty until Christmas day.
 I made this dishcloth for my giftbox and will probably be gifted with the first set of coasters....
 Don't you just love the way the varigation of the cotton made diamond decorations?

Last night I cast on a gift for my secret Miss Santa recipient via the crochet in common yahoo group...  I will share some pics of that tomorrow...

Stay safe - Hugs xxxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... Christmas IS in the AIR! :) Its quite literally me favourite time of the year! Love your holly inspired designs & projects! Have missed your updates, but I understand why you were on hiatus! Golly me! Everyone is a bit ahead of me (again) on their Christmas projects!! I'm still trying to sort out a knitting pattern for *something* but at least I think I found the *right fibers!* :) Merino!

Florrie said...

Loving all your festive makes, especially those coasters, I can imaagine how gorgeous they would look strung across my white kitchen cupboards as a christmas garland. I've never seen variagated cotton yarn before, will have to look out for that one.
Who could not want to do the dishes using thoses beautiful discloths.......almost too pretty to use.
florrie x

Prairie Rose said...

Wow!
You have been busy!
You certainly do have a good head start on christmas.
Good For you!
I have a few things completed, but I am plugging away on the rest.
Have a great week,Char!

Maria said...

Love the colours - my fave's and even better they are all useful - wonderful

Witch said...

And I just LOVE the birthday cloth! I saw the rose straight away which is one of my favourite flowers. Thank you lovely lady. ox

Karan said...

You have been busy. I do love how the Christmas wool works out. Lovely work. :0)