Followers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

missing in action?

Alot of you have emailed me as you have been concerned due to the fact that I have not posted on my blog in between my button post and my quick Christmas message last night.  Purely and simply life here has been BUSY with a CAPITAL B*U*S*Y!

About 4-5 weeks ago I started working nights doing nightfill at our local supermarket Woolworths. At first it was just a couple of shifts a week but in this last week in the lead up to Christmas I worked 28hours.  Most nights I finish at 12am... but one night I worked until 1am.  Its not overly hard work brain strain wise but it is physically hard and repetitive when you are stacking some things and sometimes you need to lift 10-16kg boxes repetitively for hours on end.  So I have been coming home physically exhausted!

Add to this the fact that our daughter caught hand, foot and mouth disease... then whilst she was still sick our other little girl got admitted to hospital with cellulitus and a uti... they both recovered nicely only for Andre to catch the h,f and m disease.  The cycle of illness in our house has been going on for 2-3 weeks now.

Little to no crafting has been happening :(  I didn't manage to get my best friends Christmas present completed so I will now aim to get it done for her Birthday in February.

I've had a couple of new starts on the knitting front - I needed something that I could take to the hospital with me.  I will share pictures with you and enlighten you on my new projects when I get half a chance to take photos and write a blog post.

Sometime between now and the end of the year I would like to look at my 2010 resolutions that I blogged about at the beginning of this year and see how I went with them?  Thinking back I can not really remember what they are so it will be an interesting excercise?

1 comment:

Liz said...

I hope that everyone is better or on the mend. It really has been a BUSY time for you. I hope that 2011 will be less stressful and filled with joy for you and your family. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. Hugs from Scotland xx