Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day - 2011

Its Mothers Day in Australia so I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of the wonderful mums in the world - Happy Mothers Day.

So far I have had a wonderful mothers day :)

My children let me sleep in until 11ish - then they brought me in 4 lovely cards that they made me at school, and an assortment of presents:

  • A charm type bracelet
  • A box of stationery
  • A napkin holder with a cute cow on it (that I am going to use as a letter holder)
  • A Robbie Williams CD
  • A Voucher for the hairdressers for a pamper treatment, massage and blow dry
So I am feeling spoilt :)

Andre then cooked me a lovely brunch of bacon and eggs on the BBQ and we sat outside as a family and ate.  Andre and Micayla have roast beef in the slowcooker for our dinner tonight (with my instruction as to how to cook it and what to add) and we will also have mashed potatoes, carrots and beans (that one of them will cook with my instruction no doubt).

My eldest son (whom is almost 21) phoned me...which was a lovely surprise as this is the first year that he has bothered since he has been not living with us...(left our care in 2001) -  this year it also meant so much more to me for reasons best left unsaid, but I am so proud of him that he is finally attempting to get his life on track.

Apparently I also have a Mothers Day card enroute too - He said it will be a nice surprise even though he just spoilt the surprise :)

I have 7 children that I have given birth to and 2 step children.  I don't expect to hear from my step children as they are only small (age 10 and 8) and I am not their REAL mum...

So at this stage I am left wondering if my other 2 children will contact me?

I doubt that my 2nd eldest son will - he is 19 and I have not spoken to him for years... :(  He will always be my son and I will be here waiting for him when he decides he needs his mum.  Although we do move heaps he has no excuse as he can get my phone number or address from my parents, his older brother or he could message me on facebook.

So that leaves my 17year old daughter...  ????  Guess she has until midnight until I am once again hurt and disappointed in her.  (I will edit this if she does contact me by some miracle)

Oh well I know that 5 of my 7 children love and appreciate me so I guess thats not a bad average :)  Off to cuddle up to my husband on the couch , watch football and crochet a bit.

3 comments:

liz said...

Happy Mothers Day! You sound like you're having a lovely day already. Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

lily said...

Happy Mothers Day Chars, it sounds like you're having a lovely day, it's a little sad that your two eldest children haven't contacted you today, but you never know, they still may, and if they don't today I'm sure they will at some point in the future.............I know how difficult grown up children can be at times........enjoy the rest of your day,
lily xx

Prairie Rose said...

Happy Mothers day!
I am sorry to hear of your two eldest, but so nice to hear that the others have treated you as you deserve!