Followers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe anyone?

HI Everyone..

I am sick and tired of all the processed *expensive* junk food that the supermarket sells that ends up in my children's lunchboxes... 

So... I need your help?

I'm looking for any recipes for treats that can be included in lunchboxes and for after school snacks etc.


Cupcakes, biscuits, cookies? 

I promise to post lots of photos of my attempts :) and let you know if your recipe is a winner with my family.

Please email me (aussiefriend4life@gmail.com) all of your favourites or leave me comment with a link to a blogpost or recipe online.

THANKS :)

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Chars .. How about my old favourite ..

NUTS & BOLTS
1 large pkt Nutrigrain (about 600g I think)
1 pkt French Onion Soup powder
1 pkt Cream of Chicken soup powder
1 desertspoon Curry powder
½ cup warm oil
1 cup sultanas (optional)
1 cup unsalted peanuts

Mix all together and don't eat all at once. !!!!

Prairie Rose said...

Oh! I have just the thing to send you!
I dont know if you have heard of hot pockets over there (a frozen meat and cheese treat in a breaded pocket, however the store kind is filled with preservatives and tons of salt) I also have my five minute pizza dough recipe and homemade ranch dressing recipes to share!
I will be emailing you directly!

Toria said...

I've giving you links to a few sweet recipes that my kids love.

homemade LCMs - I melt a little chocolate to decorate the top of these.

chocolate weetbix slice - I've found with this recipe that you need to add about 170ml butter & 2-3 tbsp of milk, to make it moist enough to stick together.

And lastly, a biscuit recipe that makes up about 120 biscuits per batch. Great if you have lots of children, or want the batch to last more than a day: biscuit recipe

And a simple savoury one: get a sheet of puff pastry & brush a very thin layer of tomato paste over it. Sprinkle with grated cheese & whatever toppings take your fancy (we like them just with a bit of ham). Roll up the sheet & cut into slices. Arrange the slices flat on a tray & bake for maybe 10 mins at about 180 deg C.

Vicky said...

Chars check out www.taste.com.au :)

Sheliahky said...

Good morning! Allrecipes.com might be helpful.