Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Some Crafting...



I'm feeling poorly today.. Our youngest daughter Xanthe had a gastro bug on Thursday... Eamonn and I came down with it on Friday night.  I've literally been asleep ever since... I slept approximately 36 hours straight, only making it out of bed today for a few hours as I knew I needed to rehydrate and start to try to get on with it.

Whilst I was looking after Xanthe on Thursday I was sitting next to her on the couch, crochet hook in hand very very busy.  I left my scissors in my jeans pocket and this is the end result after they had been through the washing machine :(  Ooops.


I found the group *one a day* on Ravelry - search for it - its easy to find.  The ideal behind it is that you create one motif or do a set number of rows every day to put towards a bigger project...  Do you remember this motif that I shared with you earlier in the year? 

 Well this is going to be my one a day project... as I had only ever completed 5.5 squares....

I decided to join the 4 squares and edge them in blue....

 and then join the bigger squares together..

I'm loving the way that this is looking...

I am pleased that I achieved more than my "one a day" on Thursday as I could never have predicted that I would get ill and not be able to summon the energy to raise a hook.

Stay tuned for progress reports.

6 comments:

♥♥ Liz ♥♥ said...

Oh I hope you're all feeling better soon. There's nothing worse than all coming down with something at the same time.
Your crochet looks lovely the colours go together really well. I look forward to seeing the finished blanket. Take care :0)

Making It Vintage said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Chars, sorry to here you've all been poorly, sounds like you may be on the mend now..........I will pop on ravelry and look for that group, I could do with some motivation to finish up my "Happy Blanket".

happy hooking xx

Kerry said...

Glad to see you posting and to hear you're up and moving after being so sick. Hope everyone else manages to stay well. There's nothing worse than tummy bugs.

The afghan is looking great! I love the colors you're working with!

Lana said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick on your end! No fun!! The crocheting looks great!

Susan said...

I'm so sorry that you've been sick.

I'm also sorry that your scissors are worse for wear after going through the wash...

CindyMae said...

Hi Chars, long time no hear from.
I hope you and your family are doing well. Just wanted to drop in a say HI!!!