Followers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

UFO's...WIP...Decisions


After my last post and the lovely messages that I received I decided that I will continue to persevere with my knitting...  Perhaps concentrate on smaller items for a bit and practice, practice, practice...working up to bigger and better things as my confidence grows.  I decided that I would knit some dishcloths for presents for upcoming Birthdays and Christmas...

But then I looked around and almost everywhere I looked I could spy a UFO...  or maybe a neglected WIP?  Into this category I also included University Textbooks for my studies.

It seems over the past few years I have became a chronic starter :( and not much finishing gets done.   

Andre and I have had quite a few arguments over the years about varied things and invariably he raises the issue that I never finish anything.   (Which motivated me at the time... to not only start but finish his fathers day card!!)  

I know that he is not only referring to craft, but he is also referring to the fact that I have been putting off my University studies for lots of years. So I made a decision.... its time to finish Uni... face my fears and just do it.  I have currently completed 4 subjects but due to living here in Daylesford I can no longer complete the degree in Environmental Health that I was working towards.  We simply do not have the available cash for me to travel to Rockhampton 2x per year to attend residential school.  So I have to change study track :(  After many decisions I have decided to study Environmental Sustainability... and then do a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health (Environmental Health).  Unfortunately only 1 of my previous subjects can count towards the Bachelor of Environmental Sustainability... so I am virtually starting over... and that's a scary thought!

Study term starts November 26th... so until then I have time to try to attempt to get some of the craft UFO's in order...

The following are in no way all of my UFO's... these are just the ones that are visible from where I am sitting on the computer!  (OOPS)  So without further ado let me introduce the following projects.

This is a doily that I started ??  I am thinking maybe January this year.  I do know that I originally started it as a gift for my mother-in-law for her birthday as purple is her favourite colour.    SO... last night I dug it out and added 4 rounds to it and plan to finish it off for her for Christmas.  :)  I figure even if I manage one round per day it should get finished in time.  I am using Paton's Gem cotton and a size 2.00mm hook.  (can you even purchase Paton's Gem cotton any more?)



This is the Wedding Anniversary gift that I started for Andre ... its progressed a bit from the photo a few posts back.  Deadline for this is November 26th.... so I will need to make sure that I do a few stitches every day to get it finished in time.  I might utilise a few of Xanthe's Kinder days to just sit and stitch on this.


 This is the latest progress picture on my Aurora Cabin piece. (please forgive the wrinkles) I am thinking that perhaps I should concentrate on going back and filling in some of the missing bits ... but picking a blank area and working on it for a few days straight still holds lots of appeal.    I really enjoyed seeing the house come to life.  This will be finished sometime in my lifetime as it is the biggest and most complicated piece that I have ever stitched!

This is a Dinosaur's head :)  I started it as a gift for Annie's birthday.  As her birthday was September 21st perhaps I should finish it as a part of her Christmas Gift?    Before you ask why I am making a blue dinosaur for 10 year old girl...  Annie is Dinosaur mad and blue is her favourite colour.
 Here are some slippers that I started for Miss Xanthe.  This is the sole and I guess I need to finish them soon or her foot will have grown or it will be too hot for her to wear them.


This is a tunic style jumper that I started for myself.  I have not even finished crocheting along the foundation chain of the first row.  I kinda stalled and wondered if I would really wear a jumper made of hot pink?  Short answer is probably so I guess I will progress with this in the hope of completing it before next winter.  Once some of the other things above are finished it will give me something to do when I am procrastinating about studying... ?

I dare not hunt any deeper for any more UFO's...  Admitting to the above was bad enough.  How many UFO's and WIP do you have??

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh sweetie, I have lots more ufo's than that. And some are older than the kids. They'll eventually get finished. Or frogged. All in due time. My crafts are something that bring me great pleasure so I don't stress about finishing. Or not. LOL

Vicky said...

I am a chronic starter and non finisher but I decided this weekend that I am not buying any more craft goodies but I am going to start finishing things and using up what I have laying around - Wish me luck!!

sajuki said...

great !
Greetings from Poland :D
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com


Prairie Rose said...

I have so many lonesome socks waiting for their matches.
Also, a fingerless mitt, a mitten and 3 scarves.
SO,I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of, its all in the territory of a crafter:)

Anne Downing said...

I am trying to get motivated to start a new project!

Lap Dog Knits said...

I have so many UFO's it's scary..what does it say about me??
Easily bored? stressed that I need to start something else to fill my thoughts??
who knows,,but hidden, lost, tucked in places within my cozy home are UFO's waiting -
I take comfort in knowing I'm not alone friend, you and I belong to the same club:-)