Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Westcoast Eagles footy rug

When we landed in Victoria last April we were staying with my father-in-law and his partner at their house in Clifton Springs.  They are avid Geelong Cats fans and as we are Westcoast Eagles fans there is always a bit of healthy rivalry and jibing - although it can become passionate hatred at a moments notice especially if one team beats the other (ha-ha) !  For those that have NO IDEA what I am talking about - I am talking about two teams from the AFL (Australian Football League) - (enough said? LOL)

Anyway, to get on with the story - We had 5 days to fill and I had zero to do - so when in the supermarket I picked up some yarn (as you do)  and a hook (as you do) and I started to crochet a blankie for the couch in Westcoast Eagles colours.  Partially to get a rise out of the in-laws on colour choices and partially cause I was bored senseless :)

It hasn't been high on my list of priorities...but every now and then I have been sitting doing a row or 2 (aptly whilst watching the football) and slowly its starting to grow and take shape. Ideally it would be great to get it finished prior to the start of footy season so that if we end up going to a game we can take it with us.

I've been a bit of a missing in action blogger - but I am going to try to start to share a bit more with you guys and stay in touch :)  So on that note - here are some works in progress shots of the footy blankie. Sorry for the quality of the photos - I am camera-less at the moment so reliant on my ipod.












5 comments:

Claire said...

Love the colours.x

Vicky said...

Now if it was Saints colours I would love it even more LOL

Kerry said...

Beautiful stitching!

angela said...

Great blankie but it would be better if it was black and white!

Deb Hickman said...

Hehe, I bet that went down well !!! Love the colours and the way you've set the stripes. Have a great day. Deb x