Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ta-dah Marciste is finished :)

Wow - It's amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it...  I just finished off the "Marciste" Doily for my MIL.  Please forgive the crappy lighting but I was so excited that I wanted to take a photo and share with you all.  It is SOOOOOO nice to have a finish :)

So without further ado...



This pattern is from a very old booklet of my Nana's called "The Twilleys cotton crochet book 4".  I have made this pattern several times over the years - but this is the first time since Nan died and I think that may be one of the reasons why I struggled with it as the pattern, seeing her handwriting on the booklet... all brought back memories of her.  She is the lovely lady that had the patience to teach me to crochet many many moons ago when I was just a wee toddler.  Love and Miss you every day Nan x.

2 comments:

Claire said...

It's so pretty.x

Sue said...

The doily is absolutely amazing! I dont think I could ever accomplish that as my crochet skills are only a few sts that I have learnt and arent quite there yet.