Followers

Friday, August 2, 2013

Missing in Action?

Oops it's been a long time since I have posted any updates here... I've kinda been consumed with life!!

They always say that life has a bad habit if getting in the way of having fun. 

Back in May I started full-time University. I am studying a bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) and have not long hit submit on my final assessment. It's been a very busy and stressful time, that has been full of mixed emotions - Elation at good marks, tears in times of self doubt and stress and a journey of self growth and confidence. I have reached the end of the term and I survived. !! Strangely I am looking forward to the next stage of my learning journey starting August 23.

I have picked up my crochet hook a couple of times and I have also been stitching, I even had a finish :) So will now share those photos with you all.  This is a ripple blanket that I gave started for Master Twin 2.


I am using the ripple pattern of Lucy from Attic 24. 

Next is my finish... I emailed Challenge Lucie in Cross Stitch Crazy and she published a chart for me.


So I put needle and thread to work and here is my finish.


Lastly, my friend Donna posted a link to the most adorable stuffed you on Facebook that uses the African Hexigon motif.  I have never made it before so I started playing the other night and got a few rows in before bedtime 


I might finish or at least attempt to finish it later if I don't get distracted by something else? 

I've discovered how to blog fr my phone which means I will be blogging more often- promise :). As there are often days and nights where I am needing the break from the screen if the PC but gave my phone in my hand in front on the TV looking at the net, playing games it face booking and now I can also blog :)



3 comments:

Home Meadows said...

All your projects look great. Love the colors you are using in your ripple, very soothing. Best wishes as you start back to school. Heather

angela said...

Love the ripple blankie, I'm attending knitting classes now and one of the ladies is an expert crochetter. I'm hooding to get her to teach me how to do this xxx

Satu said...

I just starated this ripple pattern project last night, aiming to do a blanket for my nephew. I love that colour combination!