Followers

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tuesday





For a long time I have been thinking about organising a crochet, knit and knatter group in the Daylesford area. I figured it would be good for me to find some like minded people and potentially make some friends.

I started a group on Facebook and will add the link in here when I am not blogging on my phone - slowly after some advertising on buy swap sell local sites I got a few members of the group and we had our first meeting on Tuesday. 

I looked around town and thought this place would make a nice place to meet. 



It is a little coffe nook off the bistro of the royal hotel in Daylesford - after chatting to management they were happy to have us come use the space. 

Our first meeting had just myself and another lady show up - but it was a horrid day absolutely raining cats and dogs !! Hopefully a few more will come this coming week. 

I had a new start - a simple blanket for a snuggle rug for Xanthe.  I managed 3 squares whilst I chatted so I had a lovely morning :) drinking coffee and crocheting.




3 comments:

sharine said...

Sounds nice. I wish I lived a little closer:)

Patricia Lewis said...

A lovely idea.. Pretty colours in the yarn you are using to crochet the rug...:)) Best of luck with the next meeting :))

Dorothy said...

Good luck with your group Chars and good on you for having the "get up and go" to organise it. I'd love to have something like that in Canberra. xox